This privacy notice explains how this website handles your data. This guide is designed to give you a top level understanding about your rights to information and privacy, under the General Data Protection Regulations, on this website.
Who is collecting it?
This website has been built by 89up Ltd (‘89up’), a cause communications agency that works to make the world a more open and free place. We are a private limited company registered with Companies House in England and Wales and the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’).
The data controller of this website is 89up.
The data processor of this website is 89up.
How is it collected?
The data you supply via this website is being processed initially by 89up through our campaign software, Start A Fire and a web content management system controlled by us.
Your data is stored by 89up on cloud servers that are located in the European Union and is only accessible by 89up via secure and encrypted means.
What information is being collected?
The data that is processed includes:
- your email address or social media login details that you give to us;
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website;
- any questions, comments or feedback you leave on the site;
You will always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for.
Why is it being collected?
89up controls certain information or data about you when you use this website which enables us to:
- communicate with you about the campaign and associated causes of 89up and respond to any feedback you send;
- use third party applications such as Google Analytics or Facebook advertising
- provide you with information about 89up if you want it.
89up processes information or data about you in order to:
- improve the website by monitoring how you use it;
- respond to any feedback you send us;
- run analytics to understand more about the visitors to the website by using a session cookie to store your personal data when filling out multiple forms. Depending on your privacy settings, such cookies will be accepted by your browser. The session cookie will not transfer information to third parties.
How will it be used?
Your data will only be used for the legitimate purpose you have provided it for.
Who will it be shared with?
Your data will be shared with 89up and it’s third party software platforms (where you provide express consent for this).
What to do if you want to object, complain or rescind the use of your data?
You may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you by emailing us. Any further requests for information, deletion or correction of your personal data can also be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
The Data Protection Officer
Unit 7 Acorn Yard Production Centre
103-105 Blundell Street
London N7 9BN
If you have contacted 89up and are still concerned about the use of your data, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/