Social listening / research Intern (3 month placement)
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on campaigns that change the world?
Does your dream job include doing industry-leading research on how Ge-Zers talk about climate change, launching digital campaigns to end global poverty or coordinating influencers to raise awareness about banks funding fossil fuels?
We are offering a motivated individual who has passion and drive the experience and training that will help them launch their future campaigning career. You will gain valuable experience and insights and make connections that will help you throughout any future career in digital campaigning, advocacy or research.
As an intern we will be training you on research tools such as Meltwater, Audiense, Buzzsumo and Kantar to provide crucial insights into how audiences talk about topics online. We’re not looking for any prior experience - just a passion to learn.
You will also be expected to build up an expert knowledge of different digital channels (both paid and organic), as well as grow an appreciation for what constitutes great social content, and digital campaigns.
This role will allow you to explore your strengths in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will experience more exposure to senior team members (experts in a variety of fields who are on hand to offer masterclasses and mentoring), opportunities (especially within the integrated marketing mix - so you learn about other specialisms and try your hand at them), creativity and content creation (with a flat structure, everyone idea's here are valued), to clients and client management. All of these things will arguably enable you to hone your talent, while broadening your skill-set and fast tracking your career progression, in a passionate, supportive and friendly environment.
You will contribute to being the eyes and ears of the accounts and would be in charge of diarising team and client meetings and calls (and booking rooms), taking meeting minutes, writing up status reports and Friday bullets. You must be brilliant at time keeping/meeting deadlines and juggling workloads (learning to prioritise jobs and keeping teams updated on progress).
- Use various social listening tools for audience research and audience mapping
- Create, with the help of execs, research reports that form the foundation of digital campaigns for our non-profit clients’ campaigns (anything from climate, to housing inequality, tech-for-good, national UK elections)
- Handle the day to day admin on accounts - diarising internal and external meetings and booking rooms or setting up conference calls, keeping meeting minutes, writing status reports etc.
- Help write social copy and social calendars
- Schedule, monitor and moderate client accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube and any other major digital/social channels.
- Learn how to setup and deploy paid social campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Google Ads or any other digital/social channels
- Collate, analyse and evaluate campaign data, and compile it into reports ready for dissemination to the wider team and clients.
- Contribute to developing creative ideas, and content scripting
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for integrated/PR/social campaign
- Attend client events and industry conferences
Key skills needed:
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Copywriting skills: You need to be great at spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as having a flair for producing engaging copy.
- Skills in creating social content using Canva, Lumin5, or Adobe tools
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting ideas to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, being in a communications agency is all about people. So you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Resilience: Working with the clients and major digital channels (sometimes on high volume elections) requires persistence, a level-head and a problem-solving attitude.
89up was founded with a clear mission: to create a powerful integrated communications agency for the world's most important causes. We are now the number one agency in Europe for cause communications. We help the good guys achieve great things.
From taking on the finance sector over investment in fossil fuels, to campaigns for global NGOs, to mobilising young Europeans on human rights to working with whistleblowers and documentary filmmakers to bring to light data exploitation, we punch above our weight and wear our hearts and ethics on our sleeves. We are one of the FT 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- 89up is the real deal when it comes to looking after our team. Even during last year’s lockdown, we continued to pay bonuses and promote our team. We strongly believe in putting people first.
- A competitive base salary with excellent performance-linked bonuses
- Private GP, private counselling, eyecare vouchers, wellbeing service
- 24 Days holiday (with the office closing over Christmas, days taken for this) Prorated
- Day off for your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
- An opportunity to be seen, heard and counted in your contributions, and not get lost in the noise and tangle of a large corporate business
89up is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, qualifications, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are looking for a CV and a 150 word cover letter/statement on why you would be well suited for the role. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP. Send all applications to Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of People and Operations