Public Affairs Senior Account Executive
Are you a public affairs and campaigns Senior Account Executive with a track record of winning change? Do you understand the political and policy landscape? Do you want to work on some of the most important issues facing humanity, building winning campaigns in the UK and around the globe?
If so then we can offer an amazing platform with a dynamic and ambitious leadership team that has been earning recognition for driving policy change.
In this role, you will become a public affairs expert, blending political advocacy, digital strategy, research and insights into smart campaigns that give our clients cutting-edge thinking on how to move the political dial. You will work in the Advocacy, Mobilisation and Insights team (AIM) reporting to an Account Director.
You will support our clients on the day-to-day running of public affairs accounts, working on stakeholder engagement, political engagement strategies, monitoring, and understanding political sentiment.
You will help research policy and work on policy development with our clients including supporting evidence gathering from focus groups, to social listening to public polling. You will also learn how digital campaigning, creative campaigning and PR can intersect with public affairs to change public and political opinion.
You will need to grapple with multiple communications disciplines and be comfortable with the detail of our client specifics, but also enjoy working with the rest of the team on strategies.
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years’ relevant experience in a political or communications environment, such as working for a politician or at a campaign group, think tank, or consultancy (anywhere globally).
You may be an account executive in a public affairs team at an agency, or working on public affairs at an NGO. There is no set fit for this role: we’re interested in people with a natural flair for citizen and political engagement - understanding what makes people tick the world over. If you have climate experience, this is a plus.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to multitask: you will support a few client accounts simultaneously
- A passion for using analysis and creativity to provide policy solutions for our clients
- An affinity with our values. While you might not be an expert, you should have an interest in policy questions relating to human rights, climate change, international development, financial markets, labour markets and inequality
- Familiarity with using quantitative techniques to analyse data, such as household surveys, and using it to build an evidence base as well as some knowledge of statistical analysis tools
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting ideas to clients, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture attention
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, being in a communications agency is all about people. So you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels whether within the agency, clients, politicians or members of the media
- Resilience: Working with clients requires persistence, a level-head and a problem-solving attitude.
- Confidence and interest in using social media is an advantage
A Senior Public Affairs Executive will typically:
- Undertake research and monitoring for clients or support the development of new policy positions
- Support on focus groups, public polling and public sentiment analysis from social media
- Lead on stakeholder engagement plans for our clients - from politicians, to senior civil servants, NGOs, journalists and influencers, advising clients on who to engage and how in addition to drafting supporting briefings.
- Brainstorm with the senior team to enable us to communicate often challenging campaigns to inspire the public to take action
- Handle the day-to-day administration of accounts - diarising internal and external meetings and booking rooms or setting up conference calls, keeping meeting minutes, writing status reports etc.
- Undertake and present research for clients or new business proposals
- Contribute to developing creative ideas, and content scripting
- Undertake social media analytical work with support from social listening to social mapping
- Run paid and organic social media campaigns - from drafting copy, and setting up paid social media advertising, to developing digital strategies and influencer engagement
- Be a general all-round support to your colleagues!
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Gold-plated sickness benefits and life insurance
- Company wide bonuses, twice yearly
- A competitive base salary with excellent performance-linked bonuses
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Private GP, private counselling, eyecare vouchers, wellbeing service
- 24 Days holiday (with the office closing over Christmas, days taken for this)
- Day off for your birthday
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Company pension contributions
- Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
- An opportunity to be seen, heard and counted in your contributions, and not get lost in the noise and tangle of a large corporate business
89up is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, qualifications, sexual orientation, gender, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
89up is Europe's first impact agency. We campaign for great causes, build technology, tackle complex problems and inspire action.
89up was founded with a clear mission: to create a powerful integrated communications agency for the world’s most important causes. In the last nine years, we’ve become one of the Financial Times 1,000 fastest growing companies in Europe, and delivered some of the biggest non-profit campaigns around the world. We are now in the top two specialist agencies for the non-profit sector globally.
Our Advocacy, Insights and Mobilisation team delivers data-driven insights for impactful strategies to mobilise audiences. Our work ranges from freeing political prisoners to taking on the banks who fund the climate crisis, to campaigning against fossil fuels.
We put huge emphasis on training and promotions - with promotion and pay reviews twice a year. In 2022, to help combat the impact of inflation we gave a baseline pay increase of 10% across the board with bonuses and promotions on top. Some members of the team have been promoted twice in a single year. You will get a lot of attention from seniors with significant experience, helping you to grow in your role. This is a company that is expanding quickly, so there’s plenty of room for career development.
Please apply by emailing a CV, covering letter or both to: email@example.com