Public Affairs Account Manager
Are you a public affairs and campaigns account manager with a track record of winning change? Do you understand the political and policy landscape? Do you want to work on some of the most important issues facing humanity building winning campaigns in the UK and around the globe? If so then we can offer an amazing platform with a dynamic and ambitious leadership team which has been earning recognition driving policy change.
You will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients - often major global NGOs - and contributing to the development of their overall communications and public affairs strategies.
We would love someone who is excited to work on some of the world’s pressing issues - from climate change to making technology work for us all, from financial reform to rights for people with disabilities. We need a passionate individual who is willing to learn fast and take on complex global challenges.
We are looking for someone who is typically responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and their team members. You will bridge the gap between the Campaigns Director and our Account Executives. We are looking for a self-starter. This is a role where you will be managing a series of client accounts.
You will be building relationships with existing and new clients and interrogating their briefs in order to help provide them with strategic and creative counsel. Being involved in pitching for new business and developing proposals for current clients. Managing a high level of client interaction and managing and mentoring junior members of staff.
You will be the day to day point person for the client and will be expected to be over the granular day to day details but also be able to think ahead as to what’s coming next on an account.
This is a key role within our fast growing Advocacy, Insights, and Mobilisation team. We will support you to grow and develop your skills. We love ambitious people and we want to help you hit your goals.
- High levels of communication - both presentation, verbal and written skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- A proven track record of delivering policy change
- Great political instincts and a confidence in thinking through political and policy challenges
- An understanding of political institutions and an understanding of how to find where power lies
- A passion for persuasion
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects/clients/teams
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
- A passion for using analysis and creativity to provide radical policy solutions that can help to revitalise politics.
- An interest in policy questions relating to human rights, climate change, international development, labour markets, skills, productivity and inequality.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools
- Versatility to apply analytical skills to new policy areas.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to framing policy issues in insightful ways that motivate solutions.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
89up is the real deal when it comes to looking after our team. Even during last year’s lockdown, we continued to pay bonuses and promote our team. We strongly believe in putting people first.
- A competitive base salary with excellent performance-linked bonuses
- Gold-plated sickness benefits and life insurance
- Company wide bonuses, 2 yearly
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Private GP, private counselling, eyecare vouchers, wellbeing service
- 24 Days holiday (with the office closing over Christmas, days taken for this)
- Day off for your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension company contributions
- Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
An opportunity to be seen, heard and counted in your contributions, and not get lost in the noise and tangle of a large corporate business
89up is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, qualifications, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MORE ABOUT US
Our team is made up of big agency players, journalists, data and digital innovators and production geniuses, giving non-profits and commercial cause clients a big agency experience with boutique agency dedication.
As a boutique agency, 89up punches above its weight in both winning big client accounts and also its impact in the world. So if you fancy joining a smart team with big ambitions - you will unquestionably get a number of benefits in return, which you would be far less likely to see in a big agency environment.
89up is an award winning agency founded with a clear mission: to create a powerful integrated communications agency for the world's most important causes. We help the good guys achieve great things. Leveraging our collective experience working in NGOs, for global agencies and brands, and for top publications and broadcasters, we get our clients’ voices heard with maximum impact.
From taking on the finance sector over investment in fossil fuels, to campaigns for global NGOs, to mobilising young Europeans on human rights to working with whistleblowers and documentary filmmakers to bring to light data exploitation, we punch above our weight and wear our hearts and ethics on our sleeves. We are one of the FT 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe.
Please apply by emailing a CV, covering letter or both to: email@example.com