Junior PR and Social Account Executive
The role of PR and Social Account Executive will be to help our portfolio of clients change the world for the better. We want to engage influencers in campaigns to tackle climate change, support our public sector heroes, fight injustice and keep the internet free and open. We also want someone who can help run challenging accounts, help with research, insights, help collaborate on creative ideas, writing and pitching to the media and being the eyes and ears on accounts.
You will be responsible for gathering social analytics and shortlisting influencers for our campaigns, outreaching to influencers to be part of our client work and managing the influencer engagement process on behalf of our clients. Ultimately, you should be able to increase brand awareness and audience engagement across a range of social platforms, and be able to report on the effectiveness of your activity. You should have excellent multitasking skills, a creative way of thinking, brand understanding, and be comfortable presenting ideas and results to both clients and internal teams.
You will also bring to the table smart ideas to bring strategies and tactics to life; as well as opportunity spotting e.g. new social tools and opportunities, relevant insights / reports / trends, relevant news, competitor monitoring, relevant/new media titles or social platforms, articles or journalists etc. and supporting the wider teams (specifically the account managers).
You will be a ferocious and able networker, love working with people, and enjoy meeting and explaining our client's work to influencers.
You will also get a strong foundation in the art of digital campaigning. From learning to write social copy and calendars, creative ideas and scripts, to setting up social channels, scheduling and moderating organic and paid channels, to complex paid social ad deployments, analysis and reporting. You will be expected to explore new digital channels, formats and features and introduce their use into the agency, which is good for the company and good for your career progression.
You’re also expected to develop commercial awareness and understanding of how PR and Social can help your clients meet their goals, with the ability to confidently sell 89up services and skill-set. You’ll be able to think creatively and innovatively - to brainstorm new ideas - and to also listen out for opportunities to up-sell further 89up services to existing clients as well as to potential new clients.
- Undertake research for clients or new business proposals and present them to colleagues and or potential new clients
- Respond to phone calls and emails from clients
- Take meeting minutes and craft status reports and weekly reports
- Learn PR basics: crafting media lists, writing press releases, selling in to media
- Presentation and people skills: Strong presentation and speaking skills; ability to build and maintain relationships easily; ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships; organised (you’ll work on multiple projects at once), with high attention to detail; a proactive, can-do attitude
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for integrated/PR/social campaigns
- Listen out for opportunities to sell further 89up services to clients
- Research and define audience segments for different social channels based on campaign briefs, using social listening tools to show the viability (or not) of potential target audiences.
- Influencer marketing: Work with clients to define the right approach for influencers to meet the set objectives. Identify and liaise with relevant influencers, negotiating fair rates for content, and ensuring the relevant agreements are in place and inline with budgets. Creating briefing documents and managing the entire process.
- Write social copy and social calendars.
- Contribute to developing creative ideas, and content scripting
- Schedule, monitor and moderate client accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube and any other major digital/social channels.
- Setup and deploy paid social campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Google Ads or any other digital/social channels
- Collate, analyse and evaluate campaign data, and compile it into reports ready for dissemination to the wider team and clients.
- Campaign Analysis: Analyse the end of campaign performance, coming back to the campaign objectives and business goals, and identifying successes and areas for improvement
- Paid social knowledge is beneficial, but not essential
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Multitasking and analytics skills
- Organised e.g. Diarising meetings and calls, thinking ahead
- Good time-keeping: You will often be working to tight deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Resilience: Working with the clients and major digital channels (sometimes on high volume elections) requires persistence, a level-head and a problem-solving attitude.
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting ideas to clients, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, being in a communications agency is all about people. So you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent telephone manner: You will need to speak to clients on a regular basis and every interaction sets the tone for the relationship.