Junior AIM Account Executive
We are looking for enthusiastic, talented graduates, motivated self-taught individuals, first jobbers or someone who has just started out in their career and has been working for less than a year to come and join our Advocacy Insights and Mobilisation team. We will support you to grow and develop your skills. We love ambitious people and we want to help you hit your goals
We want someone who can be seen to be passionate with drive and assist in running challenging accounts, help with research, insights, help collaborate on creative ideas, writing and being the eyes and ears on accounts. Do you understand the political and policy landscape? Do you want to work on some of the most important issues facing humanity building winning campaigns in the UK and around the globe? If so then we can offer an amazing platform with a dynamic and ambitious leadership team which has been earning recognition driving policy change.
We would love someone who is excited to work on some of the world’s pressing issues - from climate change to making technology work for us all, from financial reform to rights for people with disabilities. We need a passionate individual who is willing to learn fast and take on complex global challenges.
We want you to hone your talent, while broadening your skill-set and fast tracking your career progression, in a passionate, supportive and friendly environment.
KEY Skills and responsibilities:
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- A proven track record of delivering policy change
- Great political instincts and a confidence in thinking through political and policy challenges
- An understanding of political institutions and an understanding of how to find where power lies
- Outstanding organisation with an ability to manage multiple projects/clients/teams
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
- A passion for using analysis and creativity to provide radical policy solutions that can help to revitalise politics.
- An interest in policy questions relating to human rights, climate change, international development, labour markets, skills, productivity and inequality.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools
- Versatility to apply analytical skills to new policy areas.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to framing policy issues in insightful ways that motivate solutions.
- Brainstorm with senior team to enable us to communicate often challenging campaigns to inspire the public to take action
- Social listening and mapping
- Surveys / polling / preparing for coalition interviews
- Message testing
- Stakeholder engagement e.g MP outreach
- Monitor media and parliament (collate, analyse and evaluate) and report results to the wider team and clients
- Handle the day to day admin on accounts - diarising internal and external meetings and booking rooms or setting up conference calls, keeping meeting minutes, writing status reports etc.
- Support the wider team with admin duties as and when they are required.
- Have a passion and be a compassionate networker
- Possess great time management skills on multiple account - this will come with experience
- Ability to prioritize
- Team player mindset and willingness to work collaboratively alongside peers.
- A can do attitude with the motivation to go above and beyond to strive for great results for yourself, your team and your clients
- A willingness to learn in the role and develop new skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with tight deadlines.
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Exhibit resourcefulness knowing when to ask questions, and where to look for answers