EU Account Director
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on campaigns that change the world?
We’re looking for an EU Account Director to join our Advocacy, Insights and Mobilisation team.
Our Advocacy, Insights and Mobilisation team delivers data-driven insights for impactful strategies to mobilise audiences; our Labs team builds innovative websites and bespoke advocacy tools to engage consumers and decision-makers; our Studio team crafts beautiful content from podcasts to animations; and our PR team makes sure our campaigns make the headlines.
From freeing political prisoners to taking on the banks who fund the climate crisis, to EU campaigns against fossil fuels to PR campaigns for many of Europe’s biggest charities, to global challenges that excite people the world over, there is genuinely never a dry moment at 89up.
We put a huge emphasis on training and promotions - with promotion and pay reviews twice a year. In 2022 to help combat the impact of inflation we gave a baseline pay increase of 10% across the board with bonuses and promotions on top. Some members of the team have been promoted twice in a single year. You will get a lot of attention from seniors with significant experience helping you to grow in the role. This is a company that is growing quickly, so there’s plenty of room for career development
Description of the Role
Do you understand the political and policy landscape? We are looking for someone who is smart and has senior experience of working within the EU or an EU state member in a public affairs and public relations context.
We are looking for a strong integrated Account Director who can work on our integrated accounts combining both PR and Public Affairs from creative brief and strategic development to implementation and delivery.
You will be a self starter who has a proven track record of being able to handle and juggle a number of projects and their clients. You will also be adept at overseeing and managing junior members of the team. You will be used to keeping an eye on the bigger picture whilst also being across a multitude of different projects and the granular detail. An essential part of your role will be ensuring that all campaigns and KPIs are met, within timeframe and budget.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are expected to demonstrate:
- A real passion for working with non-profit organisations on purpose work to change the world - from climate change to human rights, to supporting their internal strategy development
- A thorough understanding of the EU policy making process
be fluent in English and another EU 27 member state language and have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ideally agency experience, able to juggle accounts
- Have a deep understanding of EU decision making processes and how to influence them.
- Lead with support from our EU Director on engagement with officials and policy makers
- Vociferous drive and good political intelligence
- Experience working with and leading small teams
- Experience reaching out and building relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Expand and apply the current knowledge of European and global institutions in a real-time work environment.
- Conduct broad research and intelligence on specific projects
- Liaise with senior officials at the European Commission, European Parliament and other international institutional bodies (eg United Nations General Assembly, OSCE)
- Familiarize with the logistics and functions of consultancy, specifically regarding public affairs.
- Experience first-hand how the policies of the EU and other institutions affect various stakeholders.
- Develop relations with colleagues and other stakeholders of the Public Affairs sector and participate in meetings (internal and external), conferences and debates to develop his/her professional network.
- Growing across integrated accounts globally
- Understands or has a knowledge of PR, if experience working in PR a real benefit
- Working across PR campaigns to gain media coverage for clients and their goals
- Be an integrated member of the 89up team being able to bring together our various disciplines across the agency to deliver upon our EU accounts.
- Conduct and support on stakeholder interviews, focus groups, qualitative and quantitative research, and understand how research can feed into public policy development.
- Work on global accounts with an advocacy focus bringing your knowledge of European politics to support broader international activity.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- A competitive base salary with excellent performance-linked bonuses
- Gold-plated sickness benefits and life insurance
- Company-wide bonuses, 2 yearly
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Private GP, private counselling, eyecare vouchers, well-being service
- 24 days holiday (with the office closing over Christmas, days taken for this max 4)
- Day off for your birthday
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Company pension contributions
- Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
- An opportunity to be seen, heard and counted in your contributions, and not get lost in the noise and tangle of a large corporate business
89up is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, qualifications, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply by emailing a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of People and Operations.